One to One Practical and Group Workshops
As my own floral journey has evolved, I have developed a real passion for teaching and mentoring. I love nothing more than welcoming up-and-coming florists and fellow floral enthusiasts into my home, sharing my experience and helping them to navigate the magical world of flowers.
From my garden studio in the village of Chiddingfold, Surrey, I host intimate group workshops and bespoke one-to-one sessions, specifically tailoring my teaching around you and the skills you would like to develop. Whether you are just embarking on your journey and looking to learn the basics or are a more experienced florist seeking a new direction or an injection of creativity, I design each practical workshop with your unique story, goals and skills in mind, drawing on my almost 20 years’ experience of running my own successful wedding flower business.
As we work with abundant, seasonal flowers, I’ll share all my knowledge, whilst providing tailored, hands-on tuition that will inspire and push the boundaries of your creativity, allowing you to lean into finding your own personal and unique style.
We can talk wholesalers, recipes, colour concepts and design, business hints and tips, social media and marketing – the day is yours, and I’m your complete open book. I know how overwhelming this industry can be at times, and my aim through both my group and my one-to-one workshops is to help you gain clarity and a clear path to follow.
Full day one-to-one workshops start from £650 and include all materials, a light lunch and delicious, homemade cake - served with endless cups of tea or coffee.
A typical day starts at 10am and finishes at 4pm. To discuss what you would like to learn, please do pop me a message via the contact form. The day can either be practical, business based or a mix of the two.
Group workshops are held periodically and are added to the website throughout the year. Please do add yourself to my mailing list to be the first to know of upcoming dates.
More information and Terms and Conditions:
- Full day classes and workshops usually start at 10am and finish around 4pm unless otherwise indicated.
- Workshops usually take place in Chiddingfold, Surrey, either in my garden workshop, or at a local venue within the village, depending on what we are covering, and the space required.
- My workspace isn’t heated, and we may also be working outdoors, so please do dress appropriately. Layers and waterproofs are a good idea.
- I will supply all the floral material and sundries we need to get creating. Just bring yourself and an open mind.
- The nearest mainline train station is Haslemere, Surrey (a 10-15 minute taxi ride away). There is also plenty of parking available at my workshop.
It was so lovely to meet you and I’ve taken so much away from the day. My head is in floral overdrive, and I’ve had to have a gin! I love your style so much and your techniques, tips and tricks will help me no end - but mostly, the day has left me feeling inspired and energised. It has realigned my passion and plans for the future of my flower business and was also one of the most joyful and rewarding days of 2020. Thank you so much!
Maria – My Table Floral Design